State of the Blog


Psalm 119:33-40
33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes; and I will keep it to the end. 
34 Give me understanding, that I may keep Your law and observe it with my whole heart. 
35 Lead me in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it. 
36 Incline my heart to Your testimonies, and not to selfish gain! 
37 Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in Your ways. 
38 Confirm to Your servant Your promise, that You may be feared. 
39 Turn away the reproach that I dread, for Your rules are good. 
40 Behold, I long for Your precepts; in Your righteousness give me life!

Exactly two years ago, I was challenged to change my life by only 2 degrees through the sermon of a very good friend. This blog was the result of that challenge. The pastor set up the goal of doing just one thing, even a small thing, that would make a difference in the way we lived for The Lord. My response was to finally stop saying I would like to write and actually write. The Blog is the result of that effort.

If you have been reading this page since the beginning, you have read through Amos, Daniel, 1 & 2 Samuel, 1 & 2 Kings, Ephesians and James. No, it's not the whole Bible, but we're on the path. Together we are daily looking into God's Word and finding out what it says about our lives and our walk in the Way of Christ. It's not a big thing - just 2 degrees. That faithful daily meditation has indeed changed my life. And being responsible to those who read the blog has be an incredible motivator in trying to post every weekday. Because of the daily does of Scripture, the answers that God gives us to life's questions come more quickly to mind and may actually be implemented from time to time. This is a source of great joy. There has been an unexpected additional benefit. While my love for the Word was great before this daily adventure, that love has grown exponentially. God Word always blesses. I am more certain of that today than I have ever been.

Even if you don't read this blog everyday, please never abandon reading and meditating on God Word. The reward are too great to pass up. And just like the grace of our salvation through Jesus Christ, it's free!

Tomorrow we return to James. We will probably be able to finish it this week. Then it's on to something new. I'm thinking something in the Old Testament again. Can't stay away too long from that rich source of information about the character of God. Thanks for reading when you are able. Blessings on your "2 degree change".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excusez-moi

יהוה שָׁמַר--Yahweh Shamar (God Watches)

Narrow Door