Recommit



Psalm 119:9-16
9How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.
10With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!
11I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
12Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your statutes!
13With my lips I declare all the rules of your mouth.
14In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches.
15I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways.
16I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.

Every year for the last 3 years I have taken a moment during the first week of July to encourage. We all need to be reminded of a few things along the way. None of it is new information but we're human and most of us tend to lose focus once in a while. Perhaps I'm simply making my situation normative.

Some of you have been reading this blog since day one and you are the beneficiaries of the blessings of God's Word in your life. The goal of this blog has always been and will remain the pursuit of God's Words on a daily basis. It is the consistent trudging in the same direction that causes us to be different and to grow. I can only speak from my own experience. The creation and daily input into this blog has changed my life in the most dramatic way possible. I am forever different because of this commitment to daily being in God's Word for even just a few moments. For years I "wished" I was more faithful and studious. My mom always used to say that "if wishes were horses, beggars would ride." Wishing doesn't make something happens. Upon being challenged by a friend to "do something" I finally did and this blog is the result. While I enjoy the fact that you read it I feel like I am the big winner here and I would still do this blog every single day if there were no readers (although I confess that some days knowing that you're out there reading it does help with the motivation.)

Since beginning 3 years ago, we have read all of Amos, Daniel, 1&2 Samuel, 1&2 Kings, Ephesians, James, Genesis, and most of Matthew, which we will finish soon. My prayer is that not only have you read these books but you have also meditated on the readings and made application into your own lives. God's Word is such an abundant gift in our lives and reading it is us unwrapping that gift and enjoying it. I also pray for you that not only do you read God's Word but you allow it to inform who you are and create your character. Thank you for joining me on this journey of wonderful discovery. May the blessings of His love continue to reach deep into your hearts and minds as you continue the journey as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excusez-moi

יהוה שָׁמַר--Yahweh Shamar (God Watches)

Narrow Door