Something Different

Sorry about the last 3 days of silence. I am finding that working full time again impinges upon my time (but not my desire) to write. So, it with renewed commitment that we begin again today. So far, we have traveled together through the first 5 chapters of Amos. Time to head into chapter 6. As the reading is 14 verses long, I encourage you to pick up your Bible and read it before continuing. You will find it challenging and probably more than a little confusing. We will take up some details about the text tomorrow. As I was thinking about these harsh words, an essay (well, I guess it was actually a speech) by Malcolm Muggeridge from 1985 came to mind. As I looked for the quotes I wanted to use, I have decided instead to send you to a transcript of that speech. It is fascinating and points directly at the point Amos is making in chapter 6. It might take you a few minutes to read, but it will be time well spent. Feel free to make comments about this speech on the comment line below. I would be interested in hearing what you have to say about the speech!

http://stmichaelbroadcasting.com/news/The%20True%20Crisis%20of%20Our%20Time%20-transcription-11302009449pmPDF.pdf



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excusez-moi

יהוה שָׁמַר--Yahweh Shamar (God Watches)

Narrow Door