Greater Glory



Prayer: Dear Lord God, You have ordained that all of Your creation should praise You and so I do just that. I bless Your holy name and  declare with the heavens that You are God. Thank You for bringing me into Your kingdom and creating in me a faith that longs to declare Your greatness. May Your name be glorified in my life today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Read: Haggai 2:6-9

Think about It: Quite often, when we read these Old Testament  prophecies, we walk away scratching our heads and wondering what in the world the might have been about. Today's passage from the rarely read Haggai is rather like that. What in the world was Haggai talking about? As we consider the concept of Jesus across all of time, this verse comes into play rather neatly.

Three times in the Scriptures God uses the shaking of the earth to herald the fact that something magnificent is happening. First, we find the earthquake that took place on Mt. Sinai upon the giving of the Ten Commandments. Then, when Jesus died upon the cross, the earth shook. Finally, when Jesus returns on the clouds on judgment day, we are promised that the earth will shake! (There was an earthquake on Mt. Sinai when Elijah ran there after his battle with the Baal worshipers, but God was not in the earthquake that time.) Across the Scriptures, God shakes the earth when important spiritual events are taking place.

Has your world ever been shaken? Sometimes events and circumstances occur in our lives that are so shattering that we just need to take a step back and realize that God is moving. The birth of Jesus was a very quiet event historically speaking. The earth didn't exactly shake. But God was moving in a mighty way! All of history was impacted by His birth because His work was going to change our relationship with God forever.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, You are awesome and wise. It is comforting to know that You are solidly in control of my entire life. Not only my life rests in Your hands, but that of everyone else as well. The vastness of Your love and power are too great for me to even understand. But I trust that it is true, for You have proven Your love over and over. There is no other but You and I am blessed to be called Your child. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excusez-moi

יהוה שָׁמַר--Yahweh Shamar (God Watches)

Narrow Door