Convincible



Prayer: Dear Lord God, Creator, Savior, and Guide. Praises and honor are due to You and You alone. It is always my joy to worship and glorify You. Please join with me today in examination of Your Word and open up my spirit to Your instruction. Lead me ever closer to Your heart and teach me to walk in Your path. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Read: Ezekiel 36:25-29

Think about It: Each of us knows that we can be hard-hearted at times. We can also point to those who are easier to get along with than we are and we can certainly point to those who are more difficult! But when it comes to the faith what we need to ask is "are we convincible?"

Paul addresses this issue for us in his letter to the Romans, chapter 12. "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be   conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." This passage encourages us to surrender to the work of God as transformer of our hearts and lives. We are familiar with the pressure from the world to conform to sinful patterns and habits. Those pressures begin early in life and nip at our heels throughout our days. But we don't have to give in to them. We can instead allow God to transform our hard hearts into flesh.

According to our passage from Ezekiel for today, God longs to drive the love of idols from our hearts and bring us to a place of  surrender to His work. While that is His will, we sometimes fight that work in us, for it draws us into a place that cares and is perhaps more vulnerable to the pain and suffering of others. It draws us  closer to the heart of God and that is certainly a fantastic place to be. Jesus always knew the will and heart of His Father and so can we! Because of the blood of Jesus, our way to God is 100% open. Our hearts of flesh can discern His love for us and others and cause us to love too!

Prayer: Father, I know that quite often my heart is completely hard. I choose to ignore You or blatantly sin against You. I repent of that hardness of heart and beg You to please transform my rock hard attitudes into ones that please You and are molded by You alone. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excusez-moi

יהוה שָׁמַר--Yahweh Shamar (God Watches)

Narrow Door