Fear and Trembling

Daniel 10:10-12
10 And behold, a hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees.
11 And he said to me, “O Daniel, man greatly loved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for now I have been sent to you.” And when he had spoken this word to me, I stood up trembling. 
12 Then he said to me, “Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words.

Yesterday we established that the "person" Daniel had this interaction with was most likely the pre-incarnate Christ. One has to wonder if Daniel knew to whom He was speaking. He knew that there was going to be a Messiah and believed in that Messiah to save him. He knew that he was in the presence of holiness, for his response is mental, emotional, spiritual, and even physical. He responds with fear and trembling.

When in the presence of God, that is absolutely the right response! And yet this Holy Being tells Daniel that he is greatly loved and to "fear not". God in heaven hears the words of a humbled heart. There it is! Approaching God with a humbled heart that that knows God is worthy of fear and trembling touches His heart! And He responds! God answers those prayers and moves with His power, authority, and love to do what is best for us. Intentional humility with fear and trembling - a fantastic posture for prayer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excusez-moi

יהוה שָׁמַר--Yahweh Shamar (God Watches)

Narrow Door