Tell Me Our Story



Prayer: Dear Jesus, please come with me today as I read Your Word and think about our relationship. Please speak to me so that I can hear and help me listen rather than talk all the time. This concept that You are the Word is difficult to grasp and I ask that You would open up my heart and mind so that I can understand it better and apply it more effectively to my life. In Your name I pray. Amen.

Read: John 1:1-14

Think about It: The tie between God the Creator, God the Son, and God the Spirit is eternal and unfathomable. As we think about the fall of Adam and Eve into sin, we have to harken back to the beginning when all was created. In that creating process, the Father speaks everything into being (except Adam and Eve, who He forms with His own hands). Now, in John 1 we are reminded that Jesus was there in the beginning as a part of that creative process. He was the very Word spoken in order to bring everything into being. That concept just cannot be fully grasped with our human minds but that doesn’t make it any less true. Jesus was there in the beginning to bring us into being and He came again as an infant to restore that which we spoiled and to return to us our inheritance. The inner connectedness of the Scriptures cannot be overstated.

Dear Lord Jesus, as we remember Your birth, please help us to see that in all of the stories in the Bible You are there. And with Your presence is ours. Your stories are our stories. Since You have grafted me into Your family tree through the pouring out of Your blood, help me to see my life woven into Yours. While I may brush aside the Christmas story as one I have heard over and over, help me to instead be renewed in my awe and wonder. Make the stories come alive as I remember the events in the lives of Abraham and Isaac, Ruth, and King David. Teach me new insights into how their stories impact my own. And thank You for loving me enough to bring Your Word into my life. I pray because of what Jesus has done. Amen.

Prayer: Savior of the Nations, Come
Savior of the nations, come,
Virgin’s Son, make here Your home!
Marvel now, O heav’n and earth,
That the Lord chose such a birth.

Not by human flesh and blood,
By the Spirit of our God,
Was the Word of God made flesh—
Woman’s offspring, pure and fresh.

For You are the Father’s Son
Who in flesh the vict’ry won.
By Your mighty pow’r make whole
All our ills of flesh and soul.
(©2006 CPH. Used by permission: LSB Hymn License #100012090)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excusez-moi

יהוה שָׁמַר--Yahweh Shamar (God Watches)

Narrow Door