6 Years


Psalm 119:129–136

129Your testimonies are wonderful; therefore my soul keeps them.
130The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.
131I open my mouth and pant, because I long for your commandments.
132Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is your way with those who love your name.
133Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me.
134Redeem me from man’s oppression, that I may keep your precepts.
135Make your face shine upon your servant, and teach me your statutes.
136My eyes shed streams of tears, because people do not keep your law.

It has become my practice on this date every year, to remember a habit that God instilled in my life 6 years ago. It was the writing of this devotional blog. And on July 11 each year I am reminded what a blessing He brought into my life that day. It was through the encouragement of a dear friend and brother in Christ that I began this venture. Six years later, I must confess that I could have never predicted what a gift this habit would become for me, for this simple practice revolutionized my spiritual life.


With that in mind, today I focus on Psalm 119:129-136. Here the psalmist extols the amazing benefits and blessings of a life lived based on the Word of God. Each verse resonates through a heart that is committed to God and His path for our lives. When my overriding desire is to live as pleases the Lord, I am on the right road. It is true that we don't always know exactly where that road is leading, but that doesn't matter, for His way is sure. Usually that uncertainty creates faith as we watch the Lord in action.


So I thank you for reading the blog and for participating in this experiment and I pray that you too have experienced blessing through a commitment to daily reading God's Word. The cool thing is that the experience still continues and I believe there is more blessing ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excusez-moi

יהוה שָׁמַר--Yahweh Shamar (God Watches)

Narrow Door