Representative


Prayer: Dear Lord God, You have created the perfect plan for my salvation. It is my honor to remember that great work and reapply it to my life every day. Please continue to build my faith, strengthening it by the power of Your Word and fill me with even greater love for You. While Your love is perfect, mine still needs to grow and I thank You that You are willing to work on that with me. May Your name be blessed on my lips today. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Read: John 13:31-38

Think about It: Walking around with Jesus during His three years of earthly ministry must have been somewhat confusing on numerous occasions for the disciples. Now after spending the evening sharing the Passover with Jesus they are headed out into the night (going to the Garden of Gethsemane) and listening to Him talk about the glorification of the Father and of Himself.

In one verse of this passage (32) John uses the word glorify (δοξάζω = doxazō) five times! It seems terribly repetitive for one short verse. But He is making a very strong point for His disciples. The end is near and He is about to bring to fruition an event that will bring ultimate glory to both His Father and to Himself. Even in His death, He is glorified because His death means life to the entire world! This is why He was sent by the Father and why He willingly came in a state of humiliation – to bring about our salvation. While the disciples may have wondered what all of that conversation was about it is important that they hear these words so that later, through the power of the Holy Spirit, they are able to put the entire event into its proper perspective and be able to share an even greater understanding of the power of our   Almighty God.

Jesus is also expressing here the fact that He has come into the world to represents the Father to us with the love, passion, and forgiveness He bears for us. Jesus has done this job perfectly and still today His example lives for us all to follow. Now, Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father, representing us to the Father! He truly fills in the gap going both directions that was (is) created by our sin and He is indeed worthy of all glory and honor!

Prayer: “But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge that I may tell of all Your works.” (Psalm 73:28) [Still a great verse to memorize if you haven’t done that yet!]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excusez-moi

יהוה שָׁמַר--Yahweh Shamar (God Watches)

Narrow Door