Even Jesus



Prayer: Dear Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. You are God, the only God, my God. There is no other Name by which I can be saved but Yours. I worship You, praise You and thank You for saving me. Take this time and make it Yours. Teach me and instruct my heart, that I might draw near to You. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Read: Mark 6:30–46 
(Especially - And after he had taken leave of them, he went up on the mountain to pray.)

Think about It: The two natures of Christ are True God and True Man. As true God it is hard to imagine that He needed time alone. After all – He’s God. But as true Man, we can hardly blame Him. As Jesus walked the earth during those three years of ministry, he became a “rock star” in terms of popularity. Everyone knew who He was! He was the guy who could heal the blind and provide a meal, all in the same afternoon. He was probably mobbed on a regular basis. We know how we treat our celebrities and how their lives are constantly filled with cameras and people who want something from them simply because they are famous. Never once has Justin Bieber healed a lame man or raised someone from the dead. Never once has Kate Middleton miraculously fed 5,000 or calmed a storm. And yet they and other like them are constantly in the crush of a crowd. 

So, as true God, Jesus performs the miraculous, and as true Man, he needs to be alone in the quiet with His Father for renewal and encouragement. Jesus had to get alone and get quiet. If Jesus needed that, how can we be any different? 

Silence / Solitude become the objects of discipline when we train ourselves to become silent in the midst of struggle, busyness or chaos. It is a silence of the heart that we are seeking and the practice of this discipline makes finding that peace a simpler process. Even when all around you are panicking or acting a little crazy, if you know how to practice silence you can find peace in the storm. This oft over looked discipline can be your best friend in a world that knows little of peace. Jesus knew how to find it, by moving Himself off to a lonely place alone and communing with His Father. The same is always available to us if we only look for it.

Prayer: Pass me not O gentle Savior Hear my humble cry
      While on others Thou art calling Do not pass me by

      Let me at Thy throne of mercy Find a sweet relief
      Kneeling there in deep contrition Help my unbelief

     Thou the Spring of all my comfort More than life to me
     Whom have I on earth beside Thee Whom in heaven but Thee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excusez-moi

יהוה שָׁמַר--Yahweh Shamar (God Watches)

Narrow Door