Beginning Year Eight

Psalm 119:129–136
129 Your testimonies are wonderful; therefore my soul keeps them. 
130 The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple. 
131 I open my mouth and pant, because I long for your commandments. 
132 Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is your way with those who love your name. 
133 Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me. 
134 Redeem me from man’s oppression, that I may keep your precepts. 
135 Make your face shine upon your servant, and teach me your statutes. 
136 My eyes shed streams of tears, because people do not keep your law.

On July 12, 2011, this blog was born. Every year at this time, I take a moment to mark another anniversary of this exercise in self-discipline. An exercise that has brought more blessings than I could have every imagined 7 years ago. As I embark on year 8, I am certain that the blessings will continue as long as some attention is paid every day to the Word of God.

We have covered nearly half of the Bible in almost 1,700 posts. Some of the studies have been easy and many have been tough. The Bible doesn’t always say what we want it to say. And one of the things I’ve learned is that God has more than enough wisdom in His Word for every day of our lives. These years of study and meditation have proven that His Word is strong enough for every occasion in my life. The stories of God’s people ring true today just as they did the day they were lived by real people.

Most importantly, I’ve learned the undefinably precious riches of time spent with God on a consistent basis. It doesn’t matter what you read. The Words are going to change you because His Word has power. We have an opportunity every time we open His Book to experience a miracle. It may not always feel like a miracle, and really, that doesn’t matter. But the Spirit moves when we avail ourselves of this wonderful Book and it is my prayer that all of us may continue in that practice until we meet Him face to face.

Tomorrow, we begin another new study. It will be the Book of Hebrews. I’ve avoided that one for a long time because I find it to be one of the more difficult books of the New Testament. But hey, we just finished Joshua and that wasn’t always easy either. I also pray that you will continue on the journey of daily exposure to the Word right along with me and that you too will find yourself blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excusez-moi

יהוה שָׁמַר--Yahweh Shamar (God Watches)

Narrow Door